We will soon begin uploading some delicious recipes for many of our products. While you are waiting, here are a couple of tasty ideas to whet your appetite.
Citrus Dressing (adaptable to taste and what you have on hand)
Lemon Juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
Any Fresh Herbs
Other Citrus Fruit, A Squeeze from Fresh Fruit
1. Start with a dressing base that is one part lemon to 2-3 parts olive oil.
2. Add a little salt, mustard, mayonnaise, and/or herbs to taste.
3. If you have it, add an extra squeeze or two of other kinds of citrus, such as lime or orange (our blood oranges or meyer lemons are great for this).
4. Shake well.
Delicious on salad or cooked greens. We also like to slice some avocado, sweet bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange) and cucumber, and toss with the dressing. Yum!
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, any variety
2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
Fresh or Dried Herbs (Such as thyme, paprika, minced garlic, etc.)
1. Toss 1/2 pound of mushrooms with 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil and 1/2 tsp of
2. Add any other herbs or flavorings that you fancy.
3. Spread the seasoned mushrooms in a baking pan with raised edges, making sure to not to crowd them.
4. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes until the mushrooms are juicy and
5. Check often to make sure they don’t over-roast and dry out.
Bonus Cooking Tip: You can also prepare spring garlic this way and roast it whole at the same time, either together or on a separate pan and toss together after roasting and chopping the fresh garlic and greens.
Toss your roasted mushrooms (and garlic if using) onto pasta or soft polenta with shaves of parmesan and eat. Warm and comforting.